November 2014 to Present
Since starting with RMB Automotive, I have been actively managing all sites performing preventive maintenance to ensure we have very little downtime which would affect the company.
My role at R M B Automotive consisted of, but was not limited to the following;
- Provided desktop support for over 100 employees via telephone, email and remote desktop.
- Installed, configured and maintained desktops and laptops on various versions of Windows.
- Performed software troubleshooting for but not limited to MS Office 2016, OpenOffice, Thunderbird, Acrobat, Java, Flash, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Assisted in Active Directory administration.
- Acted as primary desktop support for the group.
- Configured and supported mobile devices such as Iphones, iPads and Samsung Galaxy Tabs.
- Provided off-hours desktop support.
Sunderland City Council
April 2014 to November 2014
Working at Sunderland City Council was a great learning experience and provided a much needed boost to my confidence. Every day was different, providing telephone and email support to a large number of colleagues brought with it a broad range of tasks such as resetting passwords to encrypting laptops.
My role at Sunderland City Council consisted of, but was not limited to the following;
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
January 2014 to April 2014
My main role at Riverside Training was to ensure that all elements of the IT infrastructure were functioning correctly and if not I would have to troubleshoot and carry out remedial work on any faulty or misconfigured hardware and software. This also entails liaising with the IT Support department at Sunderland City Council, and I have become familiar with their work methodologies.
I also supported the in‐house Riverside Training staff in general with their IT issues, be it software, hardware or network issues, from connectivity issues to problems with shared printers. I rebuilt and activated older computers to make them function well enough for external trainees to use and also install and configure software programmes on these computers.
Riverside ITeC was closed down by the council, and I was transferred across to the Sunderland City Council IT Helpdesk.
November 2011 to November 2013
Since starting work with The Images Group, I have had a very broad grounding in all aspects of Digital Marketing, including website creation, blog management, SEO, advanced Social Media Management, Photoshop skills and Computer troubleshooting.
I was given client portfolios to manage in relation to an overarching social media strategy, and became immersed in local marketing systems and techniques. It was here that I began to appreciate the value of a systematised approach and the benefits of keeping logs for future audit trails.
Download full Cirriculum Vitae